Our skilled Consultant Oral Surgeon performs the following procedures:
- Extraction of all teeth including impacted wisdom teeth
- Cyst removal
- Dental implants
- Facial mole or skin tag removal
- Treatment of recurrent ulcers
- Cancer screening and biopsy of red or white patches and lumps
- Tongue tie for infants
- Bone grafting and sinus lift
The above procedures can be carried out under IV Sedation if you prefer to be more relaxed and less aware of the treatment.
Impacted wisdom teeth only require removal if there are symptoms of swelling and pain, infection and decay.
After extractions it is advised to use over the counter pain killers if they are required. Rinsing the mouth should be avoided for up to 24 hours as this may disturb the blood clot in the socket. Softer foods should be eaten for the first 2-3 days and it is best to try and avoid touching the socket. Gentle warm water salt mouthwashes should be commenced after 24 hours. It is normal to have a degree of pain, swelling and bruising after an extraction.